Deadlock all of us know the meaning of it and how to manage it on SQL Server on-premises and for how to get alert by it normally we are using Database Mail to generate alert from SQL Server but in Azure, the situation is different because there is no Database Mail in Azure there are services called “Azure Monitor” centralized services for managing all of the alerts on all of the Azure resources and this in of the difference between SQL on Azure and SQL on-premises. From this service we can manage our alerts with defining what is the action we need it (Send Email, Execute Function, Call Services, Send SMS ..etc.), You can access the Monitoring Services from this ➡ link or simply by searching azure portal by (Monitor).
- Azure Alert Component
- How to create Deadlocks Alert
- List by alerts created on Azure
- Alert Dashboard
- How to Get the deadlock reports Using Azure Matrices
- How to check Deadlock using SQL Server Script
- Other Articles For How to Manage Azure SQL Database
IF you need to check all of my azure posts ➡ Latest Microsoft Azure Articles and Posts
Azure Alert Component
- Resource: The Azure Resource you need to apply for this Alert role on It and it can be done on the azure subscription itself like alert on cost and budget of the subscription.
- Condition: it is the logic of the alert what you need to monitor exactly and when
- Action Group: the action you need to do it when the alert fire on the condition you configure it
- Matrices: It is like dashboard and reports you can configure it to get some statistics on time and you can build alert on it
- ALERT DETAILS: alert name and alert description and severity for this alert from (0) to (4)