As we know Azure SQL Database elastic pool is one of the Microsoft Azure database deployment model options to know more about these models check this post and to know more about Azure Single Database check this article and if you interested to check all of the Azure SQL Articles check this link, IF you are Preparing for AZ-103 Azure Administrator Certification check this ArticleContinue reading “Azure SQL Database Elastic Pool Fundamental”
AS we now Azure SQL Single database is one from deployment Azure Database models if you need to know more information check this post-Azure Database Deployment model options today I am writing about Fundamental information for Azure Single Database
- The Single Database deployment option creates a single isolated database in Azure SQL Database
- Azure Single Database Support DTU-based and Vcore-based Purchased Model
- The internal of SQL Database server is hidden from the end-user and all are managed by Microsoft Azure
- Azure Single Database has it is own Resources (DTU or V-Core) and this resource will not be shared with other databases in the same single instance. Each Database has dedicated resources.
- Single Database Isolated meaning if you created two single databases on the same single database server each Database has dedicated resources and the two databases cannot be communicated together and I think this one is a security feature
- This means Azure Single Database is the best option for small workloads with applications connects to one DB.
- To Provision Azure SQL Single Database, you need (resource Group, Database name, Server Name, User Name, Password, Location, deployment option either single or elastic pool, Compute Storage and purchase model either DTU-based or vCore-based)
- In Azure SQL Single database provisioning you can create new or select existing one from (Resource group and Server name)
- In Azure SQL Single database provisioning the (resource Group, Database name, Server Name) Should be a unique name.
Azure Active Geo-Replication Services is one of the powerful services in Azure used for replicating the SQL database data to another Regions using the same concept of always on data are readable on the another regions and synced on time , With Active Geo-Replication we can configure up to four readable secondary databases in the same or different data center locations (regions).
- What is Azure Geo-Replication
- What is Geo-Replication Mode
- How to Configure Active Geo-replication
- Geo-Replication Permission
- Benefits from the secondary and Geo-Replication
- How to Failover to Secondary
- Checking the replication Status
- Remove Geo-Replication
When we are talking about Performance tuning and Monitoring on Azure SQL Server, we should consider some services provided on azure supporting us in this task
- Query performance insight.
- Azure SQL Performance Recommendation Services
- Azure SQL Analytics
- Azure SQL Automatic Tuning Services
- Diagnostics settings
- Learning Resources