One of the interesting feature announced in SQL Server 2016 and later to move your cold data to Azure and the data will be accessible from your APP with ZERO development cost no change in the APP level at all and no change on the Query level in SQL Server it is just configuration and implementation for Stretch Database from on-premises to Azure, IF you are DBA and you have tables with big size and you need to reduce it, if you have Cold data and the APP not accessing it frequently, If you need to reduce the backup and restore time at this time this feature for you.
Before starting on the benefits of this feature and How to implement it I highly recommend you to take a look into this page to learn more about Azure SQL https://lnkd.in/edn6nyY/#AzureSQL
- Benefits from SQL Server Stretch Database
- How to Configure the SQL Server Stretch Database to Azure
- Validate the Database Stretch configuration and Data movement
- How to Disable the Stretch data
- Keep Following
- Cloud Tech Website blog survey